Do I have to give my former partner all of my bank statements?

Generally speaking, under Family Law in Australia, each party has an obligation to provide full and frank disclosure of their financial position. However, what forms part of this disclosure can be a complex question. For example, are the requested documents relevant? How many years worth of documentation is being requested?

If you have been requested to provide disclosure documents or would like to request disclosure from your former partner then please contact our office on 9364 7400 to arrange to meet with one of our experienced solicitors who will talk you through the duty of disclosure.

* the above detail is general legal information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice *

Back to articles