My name is not on the property’s title – what can I do?

Just because your name is not on the title of property does not mean that you cannot protect your interests in it. It is possible to place a caveat on the title of a property in Victoria when you have an interest in the property.

It is really important that you do place a caveat on the title of the property as quickly as possible so as to secure some protections over your interest. A caveat will then act as some security over your interest whilst an agreement can be reached and/or Orders made by the Honourable Courts.

Please contact our office on to arrange to meet with one of our experienced solicitors who will talk you through the use of caveats and advise you on whether this is an option for you in your personal circumstances.

* the above detail is general legal information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice *

Back to articles